Star Wars: The Old Republic

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game based in the Star Wars universe. Developed by BioWare Austin and a supplemental team at BioWare Edmonton, the game was announced on October 21, 2008. The video game was released for the Microsoft Windows platform on December 20, 2011 in North America and part of Europe. This story takes place in the Star Wars universe shortly after the establishment of a tenuous peace between the re-emergent Sith Empire and the Galactic Republic. The game features eight different classes. Each of the eight classes has a three act storyline that progresses as the character levels up. Players join either the Republic or the Sith, but players may possess a morality at any point along the light/dark spectrum. Different classes favor different styles of gameplay, and the game features extensive customization options, fully voiced dialogue, companion characters, and dialogue options...

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://mmo-population.com/r/swtor

So great to see SWTOR doing well still. Over 300K daily players is a population easily large enough to have a fun MMO experience!

I am shocked so many still play this game. I played it years ago but I lost interest. I was never a huge Star Wars fan though so I can understand big fans sticking with it.

I think it’s the best MMO I’ve played to be honest, but the fact that none of my friends play has always prevented me from really investing :frowning:

My wife and I were in the Beta and played quite some time up until they introduced the Cartel currency. That’s what ruined it for us and we have’t been back since.

I’ve looked into trying it again but not a priority.

This game is dead af

So sad… I loved it at launch :frowning: